Henne and Marshall connected for three touchdowns, and they would have had a fourth but Marshall dropped a pass in the end zone. Henne threw very well throughout the scrimmage, with only one bad throw that was intercepted by Karlos Dansby and would have resulted in a pick six in a real game.
Overall, this was a very positive practice for the entire Miami Dolphins. Optimism is growing among fans, and Henne seems to have the starting spot locked up now. Here are some more notes from the scrimmage:
- Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas played exactly how we can expect them to play during the season. Thomas was solid and Bush added some big play ability and looked good catching the ball.
- Clyde Gates had a 26 yard kickoff return until he was touched, and he could have easily taken it for more if they were playing tackle on kickoffs. He will be a threat to defenses with his speed, and it was apparent during the scrimmage.
- Jason Taylor had a great showing. He was very explosive off of the line, and he will be a mismatch against most right tackles in the NFL. You might not like him because he went to the Jets, but I promise you that you will warm up to him after you see him in the first few games.
- Safety Reshad Jones has a real shot to replace Chris Clemons as the starting Free Safety. Clemons hasn't been playing poorly. Jones has just been playing really well. This is a good situation to have, because each will try and outwork the other.
- The Dolphins defense is elite. We are going to see a very dominating group this season, and I am getting really excited just thinking about them shutting down opposing offenses.
That's all I've got for now. Things are looking up for us. Thanks for reading, and let me hear your reactions.